Applicants for ASPO Membership
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology. We are pleased to announce our new electronic application for membership is open!
Please review all criteria below needed for application process. To better assist you in preperation you can access and print an application checklist for your reference. Before you begin your online submission please be sure to have all items ready and available as you will not be able to save your progress during the submission process.
- Choose the appropriate category of membership, as outlined in the bylaws. Fulfilling the membership criteria for the category you selected. Categories are as follows:
- Associate Member
- International Member
- Fellow Member
- Provide a surgical case load summary for all your operations of the past two (2) years. This must include all cases, including the ages of your patients and the percentage of pediatric cases (see 80% criteria).
- Provide five (5) reference letters. These must be collected and ready for submission prior to the start of the application process.
- One (1) from the Director of your Otolaryngology Residency Training Program
- One (1) from your Chief of Staff from your Present Primary Hospital Affiliation
- One (1) from the Director of your pediatric Otolaryngology fellowship training program
- Two (2) letters of sponsorship from members of ASPO. Sponsors should speak about their relationship to you, how long they have known you and elaborate on the overall attributes that make you a good candidate to become a member of ASPO.
- Complete the application in full.
- Submit an application fee of $100. Application fees are non-refundable and must be received (US dollars only) 48 hours after application submission. Payment can be made by either check or credit card by contacting the ASPO Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.360.5490.
- All materials must be submitted by the Applicant for ASPO Membership by January 1st.
Thank you for your interest in the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology. If there are any questions or concerns, for assistance please contact the ASPO Administrator, Bernadette Trubatisky at email@example.com or 877.360.5490 or you may also reach me via e-mail.
Jim Thomsen, for the membership committee