ASPO Membership Application
Thank you for your interest in the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
In order to assist you with the application process, you will find all of the information, forms and criteria for membership listed below. Please read the application criteria carefully before continuing.
You are responsible for the following:
- Choosing the appropriate category of membership, as outlined in the bylaws.
- Fulfilling the membership criteria for the category you selected.
- Providing a surgical case load summary for all your operations of the past two (2) years. This must include all cases, including the ages of your patients and the percentage of pediatric cases (see 80% criteria).
- Providing a reference letter from the Director of your Otolaryngology Residency Training Program.
- Providing a reference letter from your Chief of Staff - Present Primary Hospital Affiliation, and from the Director of your pediatric Otolaryngology fellowship training program.
- Providing two (2) letters of sponsorship from members of ASPO. Your sponsors should refer to these instructions, which outline their responsibilities.
- Collecting the five (5) letters you will need (residency director, fellowship director, chief of staff, and two (2) sponsors) and submit them with your application. DO NOT HAVE THEM SENT SEPARATELY!
- Completing the application in full. This is an editable PDF file, simply download the file to your computer, enter your answers and save the file, then forward it to the address below with your application.
- Submitting an application fee of $100. Make checks payable to ASPO.
- Forwarding the application, the operative summary, the five (5) letters and the check by February 1st.
This will make you eligible for consideration for ASPO membership during the Annual Meeting the following calendar year.
Please understand that the ASPO By-laws state that a vote on your application can occur only once yearly at the Annual Spring Meeting. The time and location of this meeting will change from year to year. Your application must be complete by February 1st, before the Annual Spring Meeting in which your application will be voted upon by the membership. It is your responsibility to have the completed materials in on time.
Should you have any questions, please call or write the Chairman of the Membership Committee.
James R. Thomsen, MD
Chairman, Membership Committee
5455 Meridian Mark Road, Suite 130
Atlanta, Georgia 30342
Phone: (404) 255-2033
FAX: (404) 252-1901